The Open Day on March 5, 1978 was a joint effort by the Caccia Birch Preservation Society and the local Jaycees, to gauge public opinion on the property’s future. A restored park-phaeton buggy took pride of place on the Open Day. The house was built in 1892 and was, after the turn of the century, the residence of a former New Zealand Governor, Lord Plunket. More recently the building has been used by the Government and until a few years ago was used by Massey University., Flogged from http://api.digitalnz.org/records/1813289/source . This a minor change to be visible in versions.